Sunday, August 9, 2009

8/9/09

I absolutely love getting up early. The reason for that is because no one else is up. It gives me some much needed "me" time. I don't like sleeping in past eight, but I'll do it occasionally when I haven't been getting enough sleep. You waste a lot of the day sleeping in. However, I love staying up late as well. I don't really have a big reason for that though.

Today a Mom lost her kid in the bookstore. The kid was 14 or 15, but mentally he was about two years old. The kid had left the store through the back entrance. How scary for the mom! I do think though, that the mom should have been watching him a little more closely. Luckily the kid didn't get hurt and no one tried to take him. I really hope that never happens to me. I worry too much, and I might be a tad bit overprotective of little kids.

I finally got a phone. It's a pay as you go phone. It's a pretty crappy phone, but I can pay for it. I don't have unlimited texting or anything snazzy like that. I'm not going to give my number to just anyone either. I have to know you very well.

I also got a new bible today. I never really understood why one person can have so many bibles. I have quite a few. They were all given to me. I'm not complaining though. I have a few different translations, so every time I read one I get something different. Anyways, I can now understand that. The Bible I got today is a New Living Translation. It has 365 devotions, which is the reason I wanted it. It's also blue and pretty, which is an added bonus.

I'm getting a lap top soon. I'm pretty excited. I miss having one. Again, it's for school, but it will actually be mine. Which reminds me, I almost have everything I need for school. I just need school supplies, clothing that's better suited for the weather over here, a good pair of tennis shoes, and a helmet. Oh, and if anyone wants to donate quarters for my laundry fund, that would be nice too :]

I tried a new church today. It reminded me of a church I used to go to. I didn't really like it because it was too formal. Like any church, the people were really nice. The sermon really stuck out though. It was about how we shouldn't be afraid to live life because in one instant we could be gone. It's totally true. We shouldn't be afraid to live life. We should try new things as often as we possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment