Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I just finished watching the newest episode of Glee, Born This Way. It hit home. I could list all the things I don't like about myself. I don't like my weight, or my hair. I break out all the time. I have glasses. I procrastinate. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist. I'm scared. I cry a lot. I'm shy. I tend to push people away. I'm lazy. I have hairy arms. I'm extremely self-conscious, and I'm pretty insecure. The list can go on and on.

Glee had a good point. We have to accept the way we are. To see that even Rachel and Quinn had insecurities about themselves was kind of nice. Even though someone appears pretty close to perfect, does not mean that they are.

I'm trying to accept the way I am. It's hard. But I can do it. And so can you. I don't like the way I look. And I don't always like the way I am. But I'm working on changing my attitude.

In the words of Lady Gaga,
"I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way.

Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

Whether life's disabilities
Left you outcast, bullied or teased
Rejoice and love yourself today
'Cause baby, you were born this way"

No comments:

Post a Comment