Saturday, September 4, 2010

Weight.

Well, this is a hard topic for me to write about. If you know me, you know that I've struggled with my weight for a while. Then I went to college, and I gained the freshman 15. Well, to be honest, it was more than 15.

It's not that I eat unhealthy all the time. But I do need to eat healthier more often. I need to eat more fruits and veggies, and less junk food. I also need to work on emotional eating. I, Jacqueline, have a problem with emotional eating. It happens to the best of us. I eat when I'm bored, or frustrated, or whatever. Especially when I'm sad though. And seeing as how I've had lots of sadness lately, it really sucks. I'm trying to stop that though. I've been writing more, and even if I don't share how I feel, at least I'm getting my feelings out instead of trying to drown them in food.

I also need to exercise more. I walk a lot, especially at school, but that doesn't feel good enough. I need to do more. I wish I had a work out buddy.

One more thing I need to work on is portion sizes. Most of us eat way too much at one sitting. I'd like to change that.

So, here's the deal. I want to get down to my goal weight of anywhere between 101 to 135, which is a healthy weight for my height. I don't know how long it's going to take. I know that changing my life around is not going to be easy. But I'm going to do it.

Goals:
  • Run the mile in 10 minutes or less.
  • Goal weight of 101 to 135.
  • Eat more fruits and veggies.
  • Drink more water.
  • Exercise every other day.
  • Lose all weight by the time I turn 21, and hopefully keep it that way!
Well, I have a lot to do obviously. But I can do it. I have to do this for myself. If not, things could just go downhill. I'm already at risk for some health issues, and I have a few health issues right now that could just get worse if I gain more weight. This will be hard. But I can do it. I'll try and continuously blog about this, but that's more for me than for anyone else. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I've tried that. It's hard. I'm kind of doing that right now, except a bit different, and I'm not following the diet exactly.

    ReplyDelete